“It’s not the strongest of the species that survives, it is the one that is most adaptable to change.” Charles Darwin
Never has this been truer than in today’s hectic and rapidly changing world. What are the key skills needed to not only survive but to prosper? These five areas are important and I’m going to begin this blog by focusing on ways to tackle each one with tools that make it easier today.
– The ability to handle large amounts of information. We’ve got a lot coming at us. Those who are expert sifters and are well-organized will prosper.
– The ability to build coalitions or communities that will support you, give you feedback, and help spread your message.
– The ability to listen and act on what you’ve heard whether it’s through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or any of the other online and offline places to gather and chat.
– Storytelling and the ability to keep us connected to you has never been more valuable.
– The ability to acquire new skills and stay current is key. No one needs to be afraid of the future when we only need to remember that it comes just one day at a time.